If your metal garage isn’t getting the same amount of use as it once was then remodeling it may be a great idea, especially if you think about converting it into a dedicated guest house for your loved ones and for paying guests.
A typical garage space is around 400 square meters, and while that may not sound like much, it is ample enough to create a luxury guesthouse for people to enjoy. Opting to convert your garage may require a lot of time and energy, but it will boost your income and increase the value of your property when the time comes to think about selling up. Find out more about converting residential metal garages so that you have the information needed to get the results you want.
The Steps You Need to Take to Create Metal Garages with Living Quarter Arrangements
If you are serious about converting your metal garage kits into a space for guests, then it is vital that you follow the steps outlined below to ensure that the result is safe, secure, and stunning! Take a look now and decide if you have the ability to complete each step to a high standard:
- Apply for the Right Permits – before you part with any cash for construction, you will need to check that you can convert your garage and apply for any required permits to do so. Speak to your local zoning office for more details and to find out if there are any restrictions in your local area.
- Think About the Door – creating a guesthouse with a massive garage door is sure to put off any guests! However, you could change it for a large window if you have a good view to look over or install a sliding door that provides a welcoming entrance to your space.
- Check the Floor Angle – garage foundations are not always as precise as residential buildings, which means you are going to have to measure whether there is any slope on the floor and rectify it before you start your conversion. Failing to sort it out will mean a space that is wonky and a trip hazard as well as not being as chic or comfy as you had hoped.
- Get Your Utilities Up and Running – Metal garages that have been converted will need to have access to running water as well as electricity and heating. If you don’t have utilities plumbed or wired in then this has to be done before any other interior work can be finished.
- Think About Heating – metal garage kits do not always produce large living quarters and so you will need to think about space-saving solutions when it comes to installing your heating. Underfloor heating is often a great choice, leaving all your walls free and giving you more space to work with.
- Insulate the Space – keeping your guests warm or cool is going to be an important factor to consider and insulation is a great way to solve the issue. It will help to keep the heat in during the cold months and stop the sun’s heat from getting into the space when it’s hot.
- Add Ventilation – another vital part of converting residential metal garages is to ensure adequate ventilation for your guests’ safety! If your space is poorly ventilated, it could make it difficult for your guests to enjoy their stay and could produce more problems that you’d need to deal with, including a build-up of condensation.
- Install Enough Lighting – Picking out lights for the internal space is all part of the interior design that you will need to come up with, but you will also need to think about external lighting too so that people can come and go safely. From path lighting to door lights, investing in the right options now could save you a headache down the line.
- Create a Beautiful Interior – with all the construction tasks complete, you will need to also consider the interior design you want to create so that anyone who visits your metal garages with living quarter conversions will enjoy every moment of their stay!
The Value of Your Property with a Metal Garage Conversion
There’s no denying the fact that additional rental income on top of your current income would help grow your bank balance and give you greater leverage when it comes to spending out on something that you want. However, this is not the only financial benefit you can look forward to.
When you convert a metal garage sympathetically and to a high-quality finish, then you can look forward to an increase in the value of your property overall. Many people would be happy to spend more buying your property because it comes with a business they could run or because there is an annex-style space for their loved ones to live in while retaining their privacy. As land becomes more expensive to buy, increase your property value even more by converting your metal garage.
Conversions Don’t Have to be Guest Houses
It’s important to note that a metal garage doesn’t have to be converted into a guest house to offer you the solution you need. You could also choose to convert it into a wide range of other solutions, offering you the greatest level of versatility. Some of the most popular choices include:
- A hobby space
- A home office
- A workshop
- A storage space
- And more!
AA Metal Buildings is Here to Help!
If you are keen to discover more about converting your metal garage into a more useful space, then the team at AA Metal Buildings has the skills and experience you are looking for! We can work with you to discuss all the options that are available and help you to work out the one that would benefit you the most. With your decision made, we can also help you to design your new space, advising you on what to do and providing you with the metal building solution you need to forge ahead. If you are ready to find out more, then call our team today at +1 (877) 244-4470 – you’ll be glad you did!